Club Compass is a free community-based program that takes place after school. Club Compass focuses on social-emotional skill development, life skills, enrichment, and reading. Club Compass serves elementary students in Springfield Public Schools – District 186.
Every week Club Compass participants get to:
- Develop social-emotional and leadership skills
- Spend time with positive, caring adults
- Participate in hands-on life skills and enrichment activities
- Share a delicious meal alongside volunteers
- Receive non-perishable food to take home for the weekend
Springfield, Illinois – District 186 Partner Schools
- Black Hawk
- Harvard Park
* 115 Students were served in 2022-23 (from 10 schools) with 99% improving in at least one of their social-emotional skills.
Our Backpack Feeding Program & Family-Style Dinners keep our kiddos energized and ready to thrive!
Taught weekly using the “Leader in Me” social – emotional learning curriculm
Provide enrichment activities, life skill lessons, and provide family-style dinners.
Family-Style Dinner is a generous and rewarding way to give to our Club families. Click below to find our more information on how you can help!
We are looking for drivers to help us deliver the Backpack Feeding bags to our School Year Program sites each week. Here’s how it works: you would pick up the bags (already made up) from Douglas Avenue United Methodist Church in the afternoon and then deliver them to 1 or 2 of the churches that we have programs happening on that day. You could sign up on a weekly basis or take a shift here and there as your schedule allows.